External view (drawing by Jacques Périssin)
To note: the segregation of men/women, the men's hats, the presence of a dog.
This church was built by Jacques Perrissin, street of Estableries, in the center of Lyon, between the Rhone and the Saone rivers. It was used between 1564 and 1567, date of its destruction. It is rare to see the interior as represented by this preserved illustration. It bears the name of a garden which preexisted, enclosed between the houses bordering the streets of 4 Chapeaux, Tupin and Ferrandière.
History : following page
return to the home page of Lyons churches
return to the home page of the Protestant churches of France
return to the home page of Lyons
return to the home page Protestant Genealogy